Marked Tree School District is proud to announce enhancements to our collaborative relationship with Arkansas State University-Newport. Over the course of the next year, students in grades 3-12 will experience a variety of activities including hands on labs, visits to all ASU campuses and their career paths, and a day with career coaches and enrollment specialists for help with applying to different schools, scholarships, and filling out FASFA information.
With over 375 million U.S. citizens, it is important that we work to establish career paths for our students, allowing students to set themselves apart, thereby making themselves more marketable and competitive in our economy. While a 4-year college degree isn’t what all students want, learning and having a trade that sets them apart is essential. We are glad to work with Arkansas State University to provide our students with experiences and exposure to different career fields.
Tentative dates are below:
August 7th – MTSD Professional Development -1:00 – 2:00: Address the MTSD faculty on how we can help them and their students become more aware of the opportunities provided through ASUN. (Classroom presentations/demonstrations, tours, concurrent, dual enrollment, IGNITE, ASUN competitions, etc.)
- September 12th- ASUN/Career Day – 8:00 – 12:00: 3rd through 6th graders will rotate through different stations/classrooms to spend time learning about a different ASUN program/career.
- September 12th –Parent Teacher Conferences – 3:00 – 6:00: Enrollment Services will set up a station to be available to share information with parents and students.
- September 20th –9th Graders will tour the Newport Campus. (40 students)
- October 11th – 7th and 8th graders will tour the Marked Tree Campus (80 students)
- October 31st - PLAN ASUN – Have every senior complete a ASUN application, AR Challenge, scholarships, & FAFSA.
- November 8th – 10th graders will tour the Jonesboro Campus.
We look forward to creating an environment of success for our students and community with the help of ASUN.