On January 6th, the Arkansas Department of Elementary and Secondary Education released updated guidelines on COVID procedures. The updates are below:
Required for someone who has tested positive for COVID.
This person is required to:
- Stay home for at least 5 days
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your house (return to school).
- Continue to wear a mask around others through the 10th day of isolation.
If you have fever, continue to stay home for 24 hours after fever has resolved.
PROBABLE CLOSE CONTACT/QUARANTINE
An individual who has likely been within 3 feet (6 feet, if childcare) for 15 cumulative minutes or longer within a 24-hour period during the infectious period of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
WHAT TO DO FOR QUARANTINE
- Stay home and away from other people for at least 5 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19.
- Wear a well-fitting mask through the 10th day after contact with a person who has COVID-19.
- If you are unable to wear a mask, continue to quarantine for 10 days.
- Monitor for symptoms, and if symptoms occur self-isolate and get tested.
WHO SHOULD QUARANTINE
If you are considered a close contact with someone with COVID-19, you should quarantine if you are in one of the following groups:
- You are ages 18 or older and completed the primary series of recommended vaccine, but have not received a recommended booster shot when eligible.
- You are age 18 or older and received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine (completing the primary series) over 2 months ago and have not received the recommended booster dose
- You are not vaccinated or have not completed a primary vaccine series.
WHO DOES NOT NEED TO QUARANTINE
If you came into close contact with someone with COVID-19 and you are in one of the following groups, you do not need to quarantine:
● You are ages 18 and older and have received all recommended vaccine doses, including booster and additional primary shots for some immunocompromised people
● You are ages 5-17 years and completed the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines.
● You had confirmed COVID-19 within the last 90 days (PCR or Antigen Test)
If you are unable to wear a mask for any reason, you should complete a full 10-day quarantine/isolation.